02/12/2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It's been a while since I last posted, but hopefully any future breaks won't be over a month long. Kick starting off the month of December was a wave of snow and cold weather engulfing the European continent. Sadly, currently residing on France's Atlantic coast means that I have so far missed out on a lot of the mayhem; we got temperatures on Tuesday and Wednesday just dipping south of freezing, but no snow accompanying it. So imagine my excitement this morning when I opened the curtains to find a certain something...

Once Upon a September
Once Upon a December

Out with my camera I went and took loads of pretentious arty photos in the town and the park, as well as a few videos at the beach (sand covered in snow!). Anyway, the snow has already started to melt, but I was simply happy to just hold it for even just around five minutes. Obviously the perfect start to the month of December, and a perfect thing to get anyone in the mood for Christmas.

"Out in the woods stood such a pretty little fir tree."

And speaking of Christmas, snow, and winter: here's a drawing that I did a month or two, inspired by the Christmas tale, The Fir Tree, a yarn penned by none other than Hans Christian Andersen. I was coming up with ideas for illustrations and Christmas designs at the same time, and the two ended up fusing together into one image.

1 comment:

  1. Your drawings are so modest and appealing. The Fir Tree would look great if framed.

    ReplyDelete