30/12/2010

A Day in the Life of a Student at a University of a Provincial British City

Another post? So soon? Sure is! This was done back in May with my first set of Faber Castell PITT pens, just after I had finished my final year of my BA degree. But by the end of it all, I had basically had enough of being an undergraduate. Now, I shall first of all like to mention that I was content with the academic side of university and have been interested in doing some sort of postgraduate course, but I had essentially become tired of being stuck in the transitional and cliquey lifestyle of an undergraduate, ultimately a conformist existence no matter how much "alternative" stuff anyone was into. I'd spent much of the past few months in the library, from time to time finding amusement and/or displeasure in overhearing the immature whining and boastings of a great deal of arrogant and boisterous "fauxhemian" students, all in the library from the looks of things just for a coffee and a cake than to actually do any serious work.

This particular cartoon sums up a lot of the opinions I had by that stage of being a student. The dialogue was based on a conversation that a friend overheard on a bus and posted on a "post silly things u overhear" Facebook groups. Not that it should really bother most people stumbling across this blog, but the cartoon has a bit of coarse language and a few drug references, all ultimately done in good humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment